Our courses offer a good compromise between the continuous assessment favoured by some universities and the emphasis placed on final exams by others.
The government has made it mandatory for people to link their Aadhaar with their bank account. Banks have also been given the authority to deactivate accounts that are not linked with Aadhaar. The process of linking your account with Aadhaar can be done both online and offline. As per the latest directive by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, it is mandatory to link the bank account with Aadhaar Card by 31st March 2021.
Here's a step-by-step guide to check whether your Aadhaar has been linked with your bank account.
1. Visit the Aadhaar website - www.uidai.gov.in
2. Click on 'Check Aadhaar/Bank Account Linking Status' in the 'My Aadhaar' tab under the Aadhaar services option.
3. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16 digit Virtual ID and security code as shown on the screen. Once submitted, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered in the Aadhaar database.
4. Enter the OTP and click on 'Login'. Remember the OTP received by you is valid for 10 minutes only.
5. On successful login, the website shows whether your Aadhaar number is successfully mapped or not.
Points to remember
It will only show you the last bank account that has been linked with your Aadhaar.
If you have multiple bank accounts, you will have to check the status of the same with the bank.
You will be able to use this service only if your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar.